NABIDH policies and its intricacies can be pretty hard to decipher. Especially if you’re a busy doctor with very less time and limited/no technical expertise, NABIDH integration can seem extremely intimidating. Given this scenario, it’s only natural to wonder how to achieve NABIDH compliance and how to avoid NABIDH penalties. Worry not, for as much as it is a cause for anxiety, NABIDH is also the source of your solution. It acts as a guiding force promoting better healthcare across Dubai with its policies for quality, safety, and standardization of Electronic Medical Records. Based on these policies, here’s a comprehensive NABIDH Compliance Checklist that can help you get through the NABIDH integration and compliance process with ease and confidence.
NABIDH Compliance Checklist to Steer Clear of Mishaps & Penalties
IT integration with NABIDH is not an instantaneous process. Neither is it something that you can put off till you feel comfortable undertaking, because non-compliance can attract penalties and legal action ranging from fines to cancellation of license. So, here’s where to begin. Use this as a systematic guide and answer the upcoming questions to tick off every crucial step on the compliance checklist:
- Have you understood the NABIDH policies? If not, your first step is to download the NABIDH manual. The NABIDH manual, or the NABIDH Policy Document contains a detailed description of the policies, standards, and regulations that your facility is expected to comply with. There are 11 policies and standards in total, each giving a comprehensive account of the roles and responsibilities of DHA, NABIDH, healthcare facilities, and patients with regard to the policies and standards. Treat this as your holy grail for NABIDH compliance!
- How compliant are you? Analyze the processes and procedures in your facility against the NABIDH-recommended standards and policies. This will help you identify gaps in your current systems, and other areas that need polishing. Prioritize improvements to the identified areas and allocate resources to bridge compliance gaps promptly. Consider seeking the guidance of NABIDH experts to streamline the process.
- Does your facility use a NABIDH-recommended EMR system? The objective of NABIDH is to promote seamless and secure exchange of health information across facilities. To fulfill this, your facility should be using a NABIDH-connected or NABIDH-approved EMR system such as Clinicea, eMRPlus Modules, or Dentsoftware (for dental practices). Bear in mind that technology is your friend in reducing paperwork, minimizing errors, and protecting the privacy of patient health information. So, leverage the power of a good, NABIDH-integrated EMR system to streamline processes, automate tasks, and safeguard the integrity of health data.
- Do you have the necessary policies and procedures in place? NABIDH compliance is about documenting recommended processes and protocols, and making sure that all policies and procedures are being religiously adhered to. Implement the necessary encryption protocols, access controls, and secure authentication procedures to safeguard sensitive health information. This is the only way to ensure all aspects of health information security and patient data privacy are covered.
- Is your staff adequately trained? Your team is your biggest strength. You need to equip them with the knowledge and skills required to be NABIDH compliant. NABIDH compliance training sessions are a great way to improve their knowledge of NABIDH policies and standards. Build a team that is well-informed about NABIDH compliance requirements and acts responsibly towards patient health information.
- Do you encourage your team to communicate openly? Compliance is not a one-time goal. It is a continuous process which requires your team’s dedication. Promote a culture of quality and safety in your facility. Encourage healthy communication in your team so that they report security concerns promptly, convey challenges, seek suggestions or recommendations, and engage positively in the process of achieving NABIDH compliance.
- Can a NABIDH consultant simplify the process for you? The NABIDH integration process can be tricky. Even for facilities with a skillful IT team, navigating the complexities of NABIDH compliance can be quite challenging. So, consider partnering with a NABIDH consultant. This can save you a lot of time and facilitate smooth and seamless transition.
- Are you fully NABIDH-compliant? If you have answered all of the above questions and found that your facility fulfills all the NABIDH-recommended policies and standards, then you are fully compliant with NABIDH. No doubt this is a cause for celebration. But remember, NABIDH compliance is not like ticking-off the task on a to-do list. It requires ongoing commitment, continuous monitoring, and staying abreast with evolving requirements and regulations.
NABIDH compliance can significantly elevate the quality of healthcare delivery at your facility. With the right tools, expert support, and guidance, achieving and maintaining NABIDH compliance can be much less daunting. So, embrace the change and get set to provide the best quality healthcare to patients in Dubai.
For more on NABIDH integration and for expert NABIDH compliance support, get in touch with us today!